Volunteers augment our staff by helping at The Haven in several areas (Orientation and Training are provided regularly):
- Overnight, from 8 pm to 8:00 am, two-person teams assist residents with overnight needs.
- Sunday, from noon to 4:00 pm, assist with office tasks and individual needs.
- Daytime, between 8 am and 4:30 pm, assist with office and administrative tasks, and help with cleanup. Time slots are flexible.
- Daytime, between 4pm and 8pm, assist with check-in, evening meals, and fulfilling individual needs.
- Handyman work (painting, yard work, garden, repairs), as needed
Volunteer help away from The Haven:
- Volunteer Coordinator(s)
- Telephone/mailing support
- Special Events support
- Committee Members
- Operations and Human Resources – Oversees the ongoing operational policies and procedures of The Haven. Oversees the staffing needs and supervises the staff of The Haven, including the annual reviews and salary recommendations
- Finance – Oversees financial needs, develops an annual budget, and conducts fundraising events and activities for The Haven
To volunteer, or to find out more about volunteering, send an e-mail or call 828-877-2040.